2006 NorCal Series Championships – Ukiah, CA
A NorCal Series | PDGA B-Tier Event
September 9th – 10th, 2006
- – Flyer
- – Scores
- – Skins Info
- – Course Info
- [ Lake Mendocino
- | Low Gap
- | Mendocino College ]
Pro Sportsman of the Year – John Child
Pro Open Player of the Year- Gregg Barsby
2nd overall- John Child (Also voted Pro Sportsman of the Year)
3rd overall- Myles Harding
Amateur Sportsman of the Year – Jory Greene
…with the creation of the Jory Greene Memorial Trophy to be awarded to the Amateur Sportsman of the Year as a perpetual trophy
Pro Master Player of the Year – Geoff Fiedler
2nd overall-Peter Sontag
Tie 3rd overall- Kenny Lee
Tie 3rd overall- Doug Werner
Pro Women Player of the Year -Staci Pauly
2nd overall- Kathy Manley
3rd overall- Carrie "Burl" Berlogar
Pro Grandmaster Player of the Year- Michael Travers
2nd overall- Jeff Stoops
3rd overall- David Malolepszy
Advanced Men Player of the Year- Sparky Kerns
2nd overall- Rick Larson
3rd overall-SEan Currier
Advanced Women Player of the Year- Kristine King
2nd overall- Sheri Hoefler-Weese
3rd overall- Jennifer Smith
Advanced Masters Player of the Year- Tom McGraw
2nd overall- Kevin Crews
3rd overall- Dave Sterrett
Advanced Grandmasters Player of the Year- Walter Langford
2nd overall- Dan Bertoncini
3rd overall- Can Rea\
Intermediate Men Player of the Year- Ben Fairley
2nd overall- Les Swift
3rd overall- Daniel Crim
Intermediate Women Player of the Year- Darla Thomas
2nd overall- Anne Farrell
3rd overall- Terri Duncan
Juniors Under 16 Player of the Year- Mark Bohn Jr.
2nd overall- Josh Fluke
3rd overall- Zack Beaudet
Update: Awards Ceremony to be held on Sunday after Doubles. Lunch will be catered. Come see the new Jory Greene Amateur Sportsman of the Year Award.
Sunday Doubles @ Mendocino College: 27 Hole Layout — Scheduled to begin at 1:00pm. There is a Triathlon scheduled for Sunday morning, so please do not play the course Sunday morning. Signups will be taken at Lake Mendocino Overlook from 10am to 12 noon.
10-Hole Skins Finals Round
Lake Mendocino Disc Golf Course
- Tee #1 to Hole#2
- Hole #3
- Hole #5
- Tee #6 to Hole#7
- Alternate Hole#11
- Hole #12
- Hole #13, then walk across road and through Hole #14 to:
- Alternate Hole #15, take path directly form Hole #15 to tee #18
- Hole #18
Skins will be $25 each or $250 total for each group.
Qualifiers for each group are determined by their finish in NorCal points prior to the Championships as follows:
- MPO top 12 finishers
- MPM top 8
- MPG top 4
- FPO top 4
- MA1 top 12 finshers
- MM1 top 8
- MG1 top 4
- FW1 top 4
Skins begins at 9:00 am Sunday morning; Players must be present at that time
All Skins Groups will tee-off beginning at Hole #1. Players will be drawn for groups from the pool of qualifiers for their division. Players have 2 minutes to respond to their name called. Failure to respond and the called player will be disqualified and passed over to the next available qualifier.
Tie-Breaker- Hole #18, then Disc Central to Hole#17, then Hole#18 again on and on if necessary
Course Info and Rules
Lake Mendocino Disc Golf Course
- All PDGA Rules will be enforced
- Two-Meter rule is in effect
- DANGER! DO NOT attempt to retrieve discs landing over the cliff or in the vineyard; this will be cause for disqualification if you live through it!
- Out of Bounds Areas:
- Hole #2-Over the Cliff, take a safe stance one meter from where it went out-of-bounds, do not retrieve the disc!
- Hole#3,4,5, 8,13,and 18- Asphalt Pavement Area
- Hole #9-12- Fenceline and beyond, Do not go into the Vineyard to retrieve discs!
- Hole #17- Children’s Play Area- if you are completely surrounded by tanbark or other play area surface.
- Tie-Breaker Holes: Players tied for the top three places will go to Sudden Death Playoff for the trophies, starting at Hole #18, then Disc Central to Hole#17 and around again if necessary.
- All PDGA Rules will be enforced.
- The Two-Meter Rule is in effect.
- Blind Holes from the Tee- Holes #12,14,15 Advise you send out a spotter from each group.
- Hole #14 Fenceline and beyond to the right
- Hole #16 Caretaker?s fenced-in area
- Hole #17 Playground Area- if completely surrounded by playground surface.
- Note: The Asphalt road through the course is not out-of-bounds.
- Tie-Breakers: In the event of a tie in the top three places, sudden death playoff will begin at Hole#1, then dirt area at Hole#1 to Hole#17, then Alternate Hole #18, then around again if necessary.
- Parking Overflow- The High School Parking Lot across the street may be used if the Low Gap lot is full.
- The Canopy Area will be reserved for Disc Central on Saturday.
- All PGDA Rules will be enforced.
- The Two-Meter Rule will be in effect.
- Park only in the designated parking area at the end of Hensley Creek Road.
- Toilet Facilities: May be difficult to find, The Eagle?s Nest CafÃ© may be open, restrooms around campus buildings may be open.
- Blind Holes- Hole #4 Up the hill, Hole #12 Up the Hill, Hole #13B Advise sending a spotter from each group to watch the drives.
- Hole #7-Hole#10- Fenceline and beyond to the right
- Hole#11-Pond Area
- Hole #13A,B,orC- Pavement Area or Access Road and beyond.
- Hole #14A- Pond Area
- Hole #15, 15A- Access Road and beyond to the right.
- Hole #16- Pond Area
- Hole #17, 18- Access Road and beyond
- Tie-Breakers: In the event of ties in the top three places, there will be Sudden-Death Playoff beginning at Hole #1, then Hole#18, then Alternate Hole #1, then Alternate Hole #18, then repeat the circuit if necessary.
- Parking: It is important that players park only in the designated parking area. We do not want to affect adversely the other activities at the campus.
5 thoughts on “2006 NorCal Series Championships”
Anyone planning on posting a tournament re-cap… We had to leave the awards cermony and did not get to find out who the Jory went to, ect….
It went to Jory : )
I had to leave early too, so I am waiting on info as well.
Mark, you’ve done a great job in raising a next generation volunteer! Please give Mark Jr. my sincere thanks for helping me and Matt Kelly out with all the scores and the points and everything. He is a fine young man and you should be very proud!
Look forward to seeing you guys next season!
Thanks Steve, I will pass on the thanks and will give him a big pat on the back.